The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Monday, May 16, 2011

We're on the move

So I can hardly contain the excitement I hold for Squamish United Church who made a decision yesterday to commit to build a joint hub with Sea to Sky Community Services.
I am excited about this because I honestly believe God has been pulling us in this direction.
I had folks comment to me yesterday that they felt the Spirit moving in the room as we voted and as the results became clear.
I believe this is the sort of thing we as church are called to. Jesus said "I have come that all might have life and have it abundantly." To me abundance involves care of the whole person - body, mind and spirit. To be a part of a ministry that cares for 'the whole' is a truly a blessing. This is what I have been called to do and be.
I know we have a lot of things to work out along the way, programs to develop, buildings to build, ministries to focus on, money to be raised but if this is truly a spirit led mission we will do it together.
Now I also want to speak to those of us who are nervous about this big step. I guarantee we will have questions and concerns along the way. My prayer is that we will all seek to be faithful and honest on our journey. And remember first and foremost to Love God and Love One another. Striving together day by day.
If you have questions, concerns, dreams of visions please share them honestly along the way.
Many Blessings,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.