The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blessing of the Cup


Once you have thoughtfully chosen a cup you will use for your lenten practice I encourage you to Bless the cup. I also encourage you to set aside an appropriate place to have time to pray and meditate for this season.


Feel free to use this blessing or one of your own.


Blessing of the Cup


Holy Abundant One,

Giver of Life, God of our Journey

Please guide me through this lenten season.

Bless this cup and this spiritual practice

May this become a sacred vessel

as I pray with it each day.

Allow this time of prayer to lead me closer to you.

Bless this cup as it teaches me

of wholeness, connectedness and oneness

That I may know more of you and of who

you have created me to be.

May this cup connect me with life

and create in me a generous heart

as I draw ever closer to you.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.