The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cloudy Days on the journey

Today as I walked home from lunch I morned another grey day. I am ready to shed the winter jacket and really move into spring. I found my heart sinking a little as I zipped my jacket up tighter and put my hands in my pockets and then I walked in silence and the song birds drew me in. It was almost as if they were saying "don't fear - we're here - we believe that the sky will turn from grey to blue - we believe the sun will shine - won't you join us in our song as we sing for the light?"
Thank you God for the reminder of beauty on a cloudy, grey day. Thank you for the awareness that you are present even when we begin to turn ourselves towards gloom.
today I invite to a Prayer on the move. When in the car be intentional about turning the radio off and not talking on the cell phone. When you are alone in the car, use that quiet time to be in prayer.
Many blessings on this beautiful cloudy spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.