The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Where are you God?

This week as you find ways to discover the work of the Spirit in our lives you may first need to see God at work. When I was a student in seminary I had a supervisor who asked me every time she saw me "Where is God at work in your life?" At first this was hard and I felt like I was faking my answers. Some days I wanted to say "I don't see God anywhere." But after months of this I soon learned I had better have an answer for the next time I saw her. What started out as an assignment soon became a blessing. I found myself each day asking "Where is God at work in this?" "Do I see God?" "What does The Holy have in store for me today?" Today I invite you to join me in this God search. Throughout your day ask yourself "Where do I see God?" At the end of the day ask yourself “Where did I see God today?” I encourage you to write it down and throughout the season of lent make a list of where you have seen God.
This week I have seen God:
In the glorious, much needed sunshine
In family who have supported me in some hard life decisions
In friends who have joined me in my joy and hugged me in my tears
In a celebration for a beautiful, faithful woman who shared her 80th birthday with us
In a family walking down the street holding hands
In the gift of some beautiful flowers sitting on my desk that I have no idea where they came from.

And it's only Tuesday......

God is alive and well.
Blessings on your Journey

3 comments:

  1. I was sent this comment by email

    'And it's only Tuesday'..... lovely, thank you, thank you.

    I saw pussy willow branches with their furry white buds alongside a trail back of Eaglewind which some thoughtful persons have cleared of tangles... purple crocusses bursting with joy at the warmth of the sun... birds galore who have somehow survived the winter. The wag of the dog's tail and the confident look in his eye that I would be taking him walkies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment...as I work through some tough decisions I was wondering where God is because I keep getting more confused in my decision making process. Not sure which way to turn.
    After reading your blog I know God is with me and I just need to keep turning my decisions over for guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings Dee. I believe we all go through times when we wonder where God is. This can be especially hard when you want a clear answer. Faith for me usually is a mixture of hope, doubt, certainty and wonder. I encourage you to continue to search for God in your every day life. And when you can't see The Holy gather with those who do and have their faith and hope blanket you in the spirit of community and love.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this post.