The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sore Journey


Monday is my day off so yesterday I took the opportunity (even though the sun wasn't shining like I wanted ) to hike the chief. The friend I hiked with was concerned for me, and thought we shouldn't go all the way because I have been out of commission from any sport or exercise since December due to a torn shoulder. But I was determined to make it all the way! As we journeyed we saw bursts of sunshine through the trees all the way along. We arrived at the top, gazed about in awe as one does and by the time we got the camera read the clouds had come in. I felt a bit like Moses on the top of Mt. Nebo looking over the promise land and then not being able to enter. Only I was trying to gaze upon the promise land but I couldn't see it.
(Oh there is a whole other analogy in that).
The journey was harder than usual because I'm not my well exercised self. But I made it through the rain and clouds and although I am a little sore today I am truly thankful.
My Soul journey this week begins with gratitude for the beauty of where I live, the freedom of my country, friends who care for me on the journey, and the ability to journey at all. I was reminded once again - I am healthy and loved. Not everyone can say that with such confidence. Todays journey of the soul is one of the gratitudes and thanksgivings that have sprung out of the imperfections of life.
Blessings on your journey.

2 comments:

  1. Even in the fog....there is beauty. (There is probably a sermon in that too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No question there is a sermon in that Carol.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this post.