The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Boundaries

There are days when I feel like "I am falling apart," I don't know which direction to go in next. I look at the pile on my desk, and all the tasks of my life and rather than do anything I just want to cry. It is often in those times that I realize I have let spiritual practice slip away from me. I can find it hard to recall when I last stopped to breathe deeply, or even to pray. Today see your cup as a container for your spiritual care.

Breathprayer:
Breathe in: help me...
Breathe out:...spend time in you

Reflection:
Hold you cup in your hands
Notice its boundaries. The bottom, the inside, the rim.
Run your fingers inside the cup
then look into the cup and consider it a container for your spiritual care
Your prayers, breathing, reflections and love are all held there
Imagine God holding those things in you - pause in that thought
Ask yourself where have I let my goals and priorities for spiritual care
leak out? What are my boundaries for personal care?
Listen to God speak to you about your boundaries.

Scripture: Matthew 14:22-27
And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up to the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone. Matt. 14:22-27

Journal:
What keeps me from taking care of my spiritual life?
What are some boundaries for spiritual care I should keep?

Prayer:
God guide us to spend quality time with you that we may be enriched in our lives.

Today spend some extra intentional time with God either on a walk, or a break from the business of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.