The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Monday, March 26, 2012

The unmendable cup



“Both my parents died without any reconciliation between us. I, their only child, did not live up to their expectations. Nor did they to mine. I wish it had not been so, and they must have felt the same way. The ritual of reunion never happened. The distance between us was so great that I didn’t even attend their funerals.” - Robert Fulghum


Sometimes there are things in our lives that we cannot change, that will always be unmendable. It was too late for Rboert Fulghum to mend the relationship with his parents because they had died, but not too late for him to mend his own heart and to come to some inner reconciliation. So too for us. Although we may not be able to put the old pieces of a situation, event, or experience back together again, we can still mend our spirits.


Breathprayer:

Breathe in: O God...

Breathe out:...Help me let go


Scripture: Isaiah 43:14-21

Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? (Is. 43:18-19)


Journal:

Journal about some life pain you cannot fix

Write a prayer to help you let it go.


Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

- The Serenity Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.