The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The mended cup

Waiting is endless...I wait because I am powerless to do anything else. I wait because what I most treasure is what is deepest within and protected by silence. Out of waiting come patience. Out of accepting my powerlessness comes strength and love and the courage to dare. - Christin Lore Weber


Healing takes time but sometimes we don’t even notice when it happens. We wait and wait for something miraculous, and then don't even recognize the healing that happens over time. Healing is often slow and steady.


Besides believing that we can be healed, our mending also requires:

  • naming and working with our unwanted emotions,
  • extending compassion towards others and ourselves
  • letting go of resistances,
  • trusting and yielding to God,
  • receiving support from others,
  • extending and receiving forgiveness,
  • taking good care of our body and our spirit.


Today remember that healing is a process, not a one time event.


Breathprayer:

Breathe in: Holy God...

Breathe out:...mend my wounds

Reflection:

“Turn the cup sideways in your hands.

Picture your old wounds and hurts in it.

Mentally take them out, one by one.

Give them into the Divine Healer’s hands.

Now hold the cup upright in your hands.

Think about the broken pieces that have been mended.

Thank God for these mending times.

Ask for patience and hope.”

(Joyce Rupp)


Scripture: Ezekiel 34:11-16

I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the stayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak. (Ez. 34:16)


Journal:

Write your own life version of “Amazing Grace”

Dialogue with one of the mended parts of your life, or with a part that is in the process of healing.


Prayer:

God of healing, help me mend the broken places of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.