The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wisdom Cup

Is the busyness of life I was unable to blog for a few days. I am now back and will do some catching up.


The Cup of Wisdom.


We have mentioned the need for accepting our less-than-perfect selves in the last week. Joyce Rupp wrote “It is easy to deceive ourselves as we walk on our spiritual path. Because we are flawed human creatures, we can get side-tracked. We can lose our focus and get caught in huge self-improvement programs of our own making that have little to do with God’s desires for us. We can become absorbed in trying to be someone other than our own true selves. We can forget that we are never without access to a Loving Being who regards us with great tenderness and is always walking with us.

We need wisdom so that we will know when to embrace our imperfect selves with compassion and when to give our imperfect selves a swift kink in the right direction. Divine guidance is a source of wisdom for us that helps us know when to embrace ourselves and when to not give in to ourselves. Guidance implies that someone knows the way, a Wise One who is willing to walk with us. Guidance give us the opportunity to listen to someone who has much more wisdom than we do.”


Breathprayer:

Breathe in: Send your light...

Breathe out:.... Holy Wisdom


Reflection:

Hold your cup and consider how you are held in Holy Wisdom

Hold up your cup and ask God to fill it with wisdom and truth.

Say this prayer as you seek to be filled. “Holy Wisdom send our your light and truth and let them lead me.”


Scripture: Psalm 16

I bless God who gives me counsel, in the night, also, my heart instructs me. I keep God always before me. Psalm 16:7-8


Journal:

The area in which I sense the need for God’s guidance the most is...


Prayer:

Holy Wisdom, as I walk the spiritual path with my chipped and flawed condition, guide and direct my life. May I make good choices that are reflective of the loving goodness of you, my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.