The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Cup of Tears

“How large a cup of tears must I drink O God?

How much is enough?” - Ann Weems


I used to think I could only go to God when I was happy and good and healthy, in praise and adoration. I now go to God with everything, my joy, my pain, sorrow, devastation, hopes and dreams. Like the psalmist I believe God knows anyway and so I will take everything to the Holy. I even on occasion give God a piece of my mind on behalf of myself and others. I believe every part of my life deserves God’s attention and so I do my best to allow God to attend to them.


breathprayer:

Breathing in:O God...

Breathing out: ...Hold me in your love


Reflection:

Hold your cup and look into it as if it is a cup holding all your tears. Let the cup hold your pain and tears and if you feel necessary the pain and tears of another.

Envision God holding your hands, holding the cup of your tears.

Allow God’s presence to hold you in compassion, caring for your pain or the pain of the one you are holding.


Scripture: Revelation 7:13-17

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes (Rev. 7:17


Journal:

Draw the cup of your tears with teardrops falling out - write words that represent your pain on each drop.


Prayer:

Comforting God come and catch my tears in your Holy presence of compassionate love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.