The mission of Squamish United Church is "To be an inclusive community serving God's world." As a church together we seek to love God and neighbour with all our heart, soul and mind. We hope this blog enriches you on your journey of life.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Vessel of God's energy

“The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.” Rabindranath Tagore


Today I invite you to think about how God transforms your spiritual journey. We are so used to being doers and making things happen but a spiritual journey is something we participate in by allowing something to happen in and through us. Spiritual growth is not necessarily about immediate results often it is a progression we notice over time. Ephesians 3:20 says God’s power working through us offers the assurance that this power is “able to accomplish abundantly far more than we can ask or imagine.” Today try to stop worrying about making progress and rest in living.


Breathprayer:

Breathing in: Your power....

Breathing out:...moving through me


Reflection:

Hold the cup in your hands and reflect on how it is a container of God’s presence love and grace.

Now place the cup in front of you and find your pulse

Pause and ponder the life that flows through you

Imagine the blood that flows through you as God flowing through you. How does it sustain you, keep you alive.

Imagine that flow as positive, peaceful, enlivening energy

Welcome God flowing through every vessel of your being.


Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:5-12

But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. (2 Cor. 4:7)


Journal:

How do I know God’s power in working in and through me?

What obstacles block the flow of God’s energy?

Where do I need the touch of God in my life?


Prayer:

As the blood flows through my veins I am a vessel of God’s loving energy. Thank you God for your intimate connection with us. As I move through this day may I see myself as a container of your love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post.